Oh my gawwwdddd!!! I saw Potter 5, IMAX, 3-D... hot shit well worth the 12 bucks I spent on a ticket (it was my monthly splurge on myself).
Let me give you a quick run down of the experience...
Went alone (cause I'm a dork with no local friends) and got sat next to some "trend" kids (the chick had those toe pumps from that master card commercial, and was excited to share that to everyone). The kids weren't as bad as the "philosophy major" who sat with his date on the other side of me... GOD he was annoying.. kept trying to sound all philosophical and cam eout like a jerk when corrected several times about the books VS movies. All in all the people in the Theatre weren't as horrible as I was when I was a kid (No malted milk balls were thrown!)
Regardless, The movie wa AWESOME! It was dark, demented and hyper! I adore the 3-D aspect. It was the entire fight sequence! Imagine them down in the department of Mysteries and jumping out at you! When the Death Eaters vanished and returned through the fight, it was like they were flying around you. The Thestrals were amazingly done so that they were flying out at you and fly about, and even before hte 3-D part (which was from thestral flight to the end of the sequence when Fudge sees Voldemort) the thestrals were amazing!
Luna was cool. I wasn't expecting the flightyness of the character, but you know, in the end, it was cool (or maybe Nargles have taken my brain... who knows!)
There were a few inconsistancies I didn't like... and from here on out will be a few movie spoilers.. so if you haven't seen the movie and plan to (and don't wanna be spoiled), stop reading.
I didn't like how in the DA, it ended up being Cho who was a snitch, or how they had it differ that Umbridge used Veritisai potion against them... I was almost excited to see how they'd do the puss filled boils writting "SNITCH" on her forehead. I don't like the Gwarp sequence, though I DO like how Hermy was able to use a stern voice to get him to put her down.
Some things that differed that I liked were:
I loved how they did the Centaur scene! I do like the Gwarp... I wasn't thinking how'd they do it, it was cute!
The one scene I LOVED, that made me cry, was the death of Sirius... OMG! I had my little 3-D glasses on and I just sat there going "OMG! OMG OMG!!!" I can't believe.. but the way they showed it was MUCH better than I'd ever imagined in it my head.. and the sad thing was Sirius had called him "James" right before he went down.. OMG!!! The gut wrenching aspect of it! OHH!
Anyway, if you've seen it, what you think?
13 July 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Sirius' death was awful. But done so well.
The part that I didn't like was how Umbridge found the room of requirement. I'm re-reading all the books now, but I thought they used that room again in book. Don't think they thought ahead on that one. But like I said I haven't re-read that one yet so I could be wrong.
I thought it was really good. Haven't seen it in 3-D yet though.
Post a Comment