04 July 2007

Fun Fourth

What a fucking fun fourth!!! Pardon my language, but my goodness!

The day started up at 9 am with cleaning the house. The house wasn't messy, but mum is so scared of someone complaining because we have cat hair. Regardless, it was a grueling process to de cat hair everything and make sure the inside was bearable.. even though the whole picnic was outside... lol.

So family showed up.. one uncle couldn't be here because he had a bday party scheduled for his step granddaughter... which was okay. Everyone else was here in one sense or another (two female cousins, two male cousins, and my older brothers weren't here... so I guess really just the aunt and uncles were represented.. but thas't cool).

After a good cookout with no major incidents (we had my cousins BF's son spill his drink and the baby (who's 16 months) freak out for no reason) everyone went home but my little cousin. I love this little chick like she's my sister. She even has the same haircut as me! REgardless, we played gameboy and disney games mos thte night.. Then off to my grandmothers to drop her off only to learn my aunt would be shooting off fireworks...

So at 10 I went back to my grandmothers to shoot off fireworks.. as you can tell by this 10:45 post, the firework show was short! (C only bought a 3 dollar bag and a bunch of sparklers!) After 6 boxes of sparklers and a few measly things, I came home. I love love love sparklers and I hope my future children share this obsession!

All in all, I've had a great fourth, and can only hope ya'll have done the same! I can't wait until I Can share this little family tradition with my own kids! I am rather excited to show my kids what's up about fourth of july all the time! It's exciting to think about!

So how did everyone's fourth go? Those with children home for the first time, did ya'll have fun showing your new kids fireworks? Do tell!

No comments: