16 January 2007

Nothing really

I need to send an email to the CWA lady setting myself up for the Mar 13 meeting. I meant to do that a bit ago, but I didn't get a chance to. Well I didn't email the lady, I jsut registared for the March 15th one. Hopefully that will be okay, as I never officially registared for the January one.. now to just actually put this one on my phone scheduler. The good thing.. these seminars are free and they will work with me even thought I'm atleast a year from adopting. I am pretty okay with that.

Work has been horribly lately. I love two year olds, but dammit, these children are killing me. I have the smartest class that I've ever had, even setting up a second cirriculum for my older 4 (and one of my younger ones, oddly enough) and they are doing great, but it's killing me trying to keep up with them. I have nor formal training as a teacher, and sadly now I want to be a teacher even more... but I'm learning that I have to make decisions with adoption in the best mindset.

I have a couple options, and neither of them seem to make me horribly happy. Option one is working for Norton Healthcare. They have an adoption reimbursment programme an dyou get 12 weeks off through FMLA after the completion of an adoption, as well as "materinity leave" for your adoption trips if adopting internationally. Honestly that's the best option.

Option two is working for Chase bank with my brother. I HATE numbers though, my greatest dyslexia is looking at skews of numbers all day. BUT Chase offers pretty much the same thing without the materinity leave, if I'm not mistaken. My brother is supposed to be sending me information.

Obviously I need to pick what is best for me, and for my future family. I need a job that I can make a comfortable living (obviously more than 35000 a year (as I was told that's the minimum requirement for adopting... thought I'm learning many things I was told aren't true.)), but that I can also be happy at. I see that at Norton's because I love the computer, and love computer work. My only problem is... I enjoy working with children.

I live for my job. I wake up grumpy in the mornings, but just walking into work I become this radical morning person. I love getting down and "hanging out" with my kiddos. I enjoy spending my one on one time with them every day (which I make sure to allot 10 mins a child everyday to just catch up on how their night was... and more specifically what they ate and who tucked them in). I ENJOY my life sitting at work, making up lesson plans and knowing that for 9 hours a day atleast all 10 of my children in my class feel loved, are taught discipline, learn, and most importantly know that there are atleast two people in the world who CARE about them. A few of my kiddos come from hard situations. I've had many foster kids who lives were in limbo (one little boy who life still is... until they make a court decision) and I just love the fact that I can be one constant in their little lives of turmoil.

It's not a complex. I know if I wasn't doing it, someone else would. I just enjoy being the person who does it. I enjoy knowing that I bring smiles to faces, the same faces that cry because they sit in time out, and smile when they get the airplane of fruit coming at them.

But I need to also think about the kids I can help when I adopt. The children I will have someday. And knowing that, I can't find a way to stay in a business I LOVE and still make enough money to obtain and support a family. I suppose I could find a "carrer" for a few years... then go back to what I love... but leaving my kiddos...

Growing up sucks, let me state that now! lol. I don't feel like I've had enough time to be a kid, yet I know it's time to grow up... but dammit, I DON'T WANT TO! (How's that? 2 yr old fittish enough? lol.)

Anyways, off to do a bit of HW and email my professors. I can't go to classes tomorrow cause I've done something amazingly horrible to my knee. My PCP told me he doesn't know WHAT I've done, but that I get to go for an MRI sometime this week. It's painful and hurts, but meh. I suppose it could be worse.. (I do get a fancy brace though.. it's hingy!) I've very excited about all this... sadly.

Regardless, Philosophy and Morality awaits me.

1 comment:

6blessings said...

Growing up is hard. You have to learn to have grown up responsibilities, but remain a child at heart. It's a delicate balance. I've been on the grown-up responsibilities side so long now, I sometimes forget the other important side. Hope you can resolve the job situation.

Also, I hope you enjoy the Bible. It reads so easily and is very understandable.