13 January 2007

Cinnabon Cheesecake and more

So today Beth and I went to the most POINTLESS daycare training. It was called "songs, fingerplays, and more" and we both thought it sounded awesome! Our first choice to finish off our hours was one called "Multiple intelligence of children" geared twards two year olds. But we ended up going to Applebaum training instead (a personal favourite of both of ours!). Regardless, we went to the 1-4 class, and apparently we missed the earlier class with the lecturing and such. Instead we sat in a room and coloured. Yes, you read that right. A group of daycare teachers/directors/cooks colouring. My friking goodness! I can do that at my center anyday! Why would I go to a training? Because we got "song cards" and "puppet gloves". All stuff Beth and I MAKE for our kids.

Then when the presenter asked me how I liked the class and what I would take away with me... When I gave her my answer, she didn't like it. She very much blasted my idea of letting the kids play with the gloves by saying over and over again, "These are not made for children's hands, these are adult gloves". I was like "I know, but kids love to put on adult things... and it's a flipping glove." But they are very "gear oriented" and think that if you let a kid play with adult things, you are doing them a disservice. I laughed.

Needless to say.. that's the WORST class I've been to in almost 3 years. This one topped our "CPR training" class that we just watched a video and were deemed CPR certified (I have been certified for a few years, but Beth never was. She feels no more comfortable performing CPR after then class then she did before).

After class B and I went to TGIFriday's for lunch/supper. Their chicken fingers were GREAT, and the Broccoli/Cheddar soup was good but hot! I got a piece of Cheesecake to go, as that's my favourite dessert, and I just ate it. My goodness, rich but delicious!

Thanks Kim for the Bible recommendation. I need to get that before wednesday... I may go now to see if our Christian Bookstore has them.
I opted to order it offline for 14.99 VS getting it at the bookstore for 50 dollars. Yay for amazon... only thing is I won't have a Bible to take to class until it gets here.. in a week or such. Allwell, hopefully it'll be worth the wait. (I did look "inside" the book on Amazon, and loved the translation... exciting!


Now time to look at HWK.

No comments: