01 January 2007

New Year

New Year means new things, including a redeclaration of faith.

I am starting a new bible study in the wednesday night classes under Andee. It is Beth Moore's study of Daniel.

Sadly the first thing I must do is go get a Bible. Is that not sad? The last Bible I was given as a gift, it was the day of my baptism in the RLDS church. It was an Adventure Study Bible for teens. I used it for many years, and possibly will use it to better break things down, then have the grown up Bible to take to class with me. That way I seem mature while still getting things broke down so I understand them better without having to look like an idiot asking questions. I will be the youngest in the class, by no less than 10 years... as I think Andee will be clostest in age to me and she is 32, almost 33. But this is not the first time. The last Bible study, 2 sessions ago, was at Andee's house and it was just Frankie, Andee, and myself. Frankie was 31, Andee 32, and myself 21. It is daunting to know these people have been a lot further along in their walk than myself, but alas, there is nothing for "young adults" at this church... and if I bring it up with the pastor, he'll make me head of the commitee for finding a young adult population in teh church.. which is impssible. The next oldest to me is 27 (which is young adult.. but only her) and the next younger wise is 16. I am the old person out.

Regardless, Beth Moore. I plan on using this blog for daily life too. As I mature and grow I am learning that many blogging sites are not meant for an older crowd, except this one.

"Explore Beth Moore's newest study, the Book of Daniel!

Divided into 2 parts, the 1st portion (Daniel 1-6), emphasized by Lives of Integrity, deals with the life of the prophet and is extremely contemporary. Daniel faced pressures and temptations similar to those of a Christian in today's world. He teaches and models for us how to develop enduring integrity in an enticing world.

The 2nd half (Daniel 7-12), turns to explore the prophecies of Daniel. It deals in-depth with the historical details, predictions, and fulfillments detailing history from the time of Daniel, through the inter-biblical period, the time of Christ, and on to the second coming of Christ." http://www.lifewaystores.com/lwstore/product.asp?isbn=1415825882



Anyways, I am excited and plan on going out to look for a Bible tomorrow, barring I have the money, which I should. Any suggestions?



Edit:

I do have one thing I must get off my chest. Renee will be in my class and God is really going to have to show me some patience. I cannot stand her at church, outside of church and anywhere else. She has a habit of dropping by my second job and I just want to scream. She is loud, obnoxious and thinks the world revolves around her problems. She also has a habit of calling me out in classes. The last sesion of classes I had with her (Sessions 2 and 3 of the year) she felt the need to call me out every time I had a tear in my eye. I have a very sensative soul when it comes to children crying, or parents crying because of their children. The leader, Karla, talked a bit about how her son took to his grandfather (her father) dying, and I cried. I felt so bad hearing her story, yet she felt the need to have the group "pray for me". I was embarassed and didn't attend 3 weeks after that. I do not do well being called out like that, let alone when I'm already crying. Regardless, a little happy thought as I deal with my feelings for her and trying not to knock her out, would be greatly appreciated.

No comments: