I realized I have never posted a proper introduction on here.
I am Hawk. I don't hate my birthname, but I don't share it often. Most everyone I know calls me Hawk or Sprout. I am almost 22, almost (as in just over a month away), and I am quite excited for my birthday.
At the moment I live with my mother, which really is not the best place for me. I am looking into apartments, but right now I cannot afford a simple studio, let alone anything worth bringing a child into. I have already planned my apartment out, but it's pretty useless until I get an apartment.
I am a college student, doing horribly at the moment, but hopefully will pull this out this semester (assuming I can find the money to afford paying for it). If I could just pass math, I would be good.
I work at a daycare teaching two year olds. Constantly chasing children has given me a new admiration for parents. I have worked at said daycare for just under 3 years, June is my anniversary date. I love my kids, often taking them outside of daycare for a day at Chuck E Cheese or the likes (one at a time, I'm not insane enough to take 10 out by myself!). I float sometimes at work, and love the younger classes, as they don't talk back too much. No has by far become my most dested word in the world.
I teach sign langauge to my kiddos, as well as french. I am fluent in French (going on 8 years now fluent) and I have been signing since I was about 4 years old. I love seeing kids connect ideas with signs, it gives a small child so much better a chance to communicate. I am working on becoming fluent in Russian. I refuse to let my adopted children (whomever they may be) lose a part of their culture simply because I adopted them. My goal is to involve as much Russian culture into my life, so they will not feel completely alienated.
I has been in love only once in my life, and my heart was ripped from my chest. More than likely I won't open myself up again for that to happen. I will just go for the flow at this moment. Love happens.
I love reading and music. My life became bland after I stopped playing the French Horn after highschool. I'm looking now for a cheap horn, just to put life back in my... well, life.
I think that is all. Feel free to ask questions... or not. It's all good.
Later
05 January 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Welcome to the bloggy/adoption world. Looking forward to getting to know you through the blog.
Post a Comment