so last week was the annual St. Jude's Trike-a-thon. Of course the daycare I work at participated in it. We had a blast!
As part of the St. Jude week we had, we made cards for the children there. Our kids wanted to! I just finished the letter of it and I wanted to post a bopy here.. hopefully tomorrow I'll remember to take pictures of the cards and let you see how AMAZING the three's and four's classes did!
until then, here is the letter... (my name and the name of the daycare have been changed... mainly because I don't want my last name posted about and I don't want any weirdo's who stalk blogs (the bad stalk) to come by... creepy!)
Dear St. Jude's,
My name is Hawk and I teach at a small daycare in Louisville, Ky. Our daycare participates in the St. Jude Trike-a-thon every year and this year the children wanted to do more. After scouring our brains, the lady I co-teach with, Dana, and I decided the best way is to let children do what they do best, be creative.
We spoke in depth about cancers and we answered many questions about how sometimes people just get sick, and how the smallest things can help them smile, which makes everyone feel better, if even for a moment. The children decided to make cards to help the kids at St. Jude's smile.
Enclosed in the envelope you will find the work of three and four year old children in their plight to help other kids feel better with a smile. Each card was hand made by a different kid and each child that made them poured their heart and soul into the project (even giving up a whole day outside just to finish them).
Our hope is that each child who receives these cards can smile, at least for a small amount of time, and someday be able to smile all the way out of the hospital, holding only their card as a reminder of their time there.
Sincerely,
Hawk
and the staff and children of Daycare
23 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment