30 December 2006

Timeline

Kim asked me what my timeline was in a comment, and as I'm learning that you can't really reply to comment, I figured the only way to answer this for her was post it, and hope she reads it.

My timeline at this moment is nothing compared to other bloggers. I will be 22 in Feb, and then still have one more year to go before I can officially adopt from Russia. Basically over this next year, starting the day after I turn 22, I will start fundraising. I am not rich, and am quite single (and honestly seeing it stay that way for quite some time), but this is something that I've wanted, needed to do, since I was little.

But after I hit the magic age of 23, I will start the official process. I am "agency shopping" right now, but have pretty much decided to go with Christian World Adoptions (CWA) as I've talked to a couple of people from there and they are willing to start working with me now, to make sure I'm very ready in just over a year for the official process.

As for kids, my first goal is twins. I always wanted to do just one kid first, but I'm afraid I'll never go back, especially if I have a difficult or costly first time, so I want to start with twins. Age wise - under 3, but I'm not picky.

But that is as much of a timeline as I have. just over 1 year before officially begining, then hopefully before my 24thb-day to bring home. I know along the way that will change and all that fun stuff, and I'm waiting for it to. Adoption is the goal, so I'm not all about sticking within limits I suppose.

But yeah, that's about it.

~Hawk

No comments: