Today at lunch with my kiddos, we did an "I am thankful for" talk. I teach Pre-K, mind you, so some of the answers were cute ("I am thankful for my mummy cause she gave birth to a kitten!" kinda things!) but some were really serious. Today I also had 4 school agers (two in Kindergarten and 2 in first grade).
The kids ranged from alligators to their parents/grandparents to the animals and beyond to Jesus, God and Death. Since I had them do it, I figured I'd do it too!
My Thankful list
1) God, the one and only person who is with me all the time.
2) family, as crazy as they are, it could be worse.
3) friends, B and E are my best friends, and honestly, I'd have it no other way. I don't make friends very easily, I'm not really an outgoing person, but I've found my niche with those people.
4) My kiddos... I have so many kids every year, simply by where I work. Some test my nerves, some make me grey prematurely, some make me scream that I never want kids, EVER (Daycare/Preschool, best Birth control in the world!), but in the end, when we sit down for lunch and have a great talk about God or our lessons from that day or even about their bath last night... OR when they are getting ready to leave and I get a huge hug with an "I love you Hawk!" screaming out of their mouth as they run off with mum or da... those are the moments I wouldn't change for the world.
5) every chance I get to work with youths. I understand teenagers, I'm not too far outside of the teen world myself, and it's exciting to me to be able to work there and give back somewhere where other's helped me.
Those are my top 5. I'm excited this year.
~Hawk
21 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment