I know Romania has ceased all Adoptions but I have read a couple things from 2005 that have made me think about it...
This article, from April 2005, states that adoptions, under a new law (which I can't find anything recently about), are available only after all other avenues have been pursured... such as in country adoption, family finds, things like that... also states that adoption of a child under the age of two is prohibited...
Has anyone heard anything about this? Does anyone have any more recent articles about this? I'd love to know if adopting an older child from Romania is still possible...
Romania was my first choice in adoption.. I spent 3 years perfecting the Romanian language... it was always a dream to adopt from there. I would love to someday still adopt from there and moving to Russia as my second choice (though now i claim it my first choice) was simply because so much of Romania is like Russia... even the langauges were similar (now having studied Russian for a bazillion years).
Regardless, if anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it! I'm going to do a lot of research... I can't even find anything on this on official webpages... I just find sindicated news about it from different European papers.
Thanks in advance!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I never looked at Romania before. That's so sad that they have been closed that long.
I found an article from Sept 05 on the US Dept of State website but it was just requesting that they open up again.
Oh yeah, Romania always appealed to me because of exactly how many orphans there were.. and I watched something once about Romanian street Kids and it always intrigued me how a country could do that to their children.
Yeah everything I've found is 2005 as well... it's rather frustrating!
Post a Comment