25 June 2007

quick updates

so I'm slow, it's okay! I haven't updated in a bit.

What's new.. really nothing.

I have strep throat, thanks to a very inconsiderate parent who sent her children to school with strep and didn't bother ot tell anyone.. she knew they had strep because when she was called to come and get them for a fever her response was "damn, and I thought I had 2 more hours before the motrin wore off... guess I should make thier strep test appointment now".. it's life.. BWAH! how dare you! So now I've had to miss our big volunteer project on saturday and I had to miss a day of work because of it.

I have my knee surgery scheduled on Friday the 13th, of all days! I have a meeting with my surgeon thursday afternoon at 1pm. I'm rather nervous. It's a simple surgery, just reparing a tear in my miniscus (sp?) and cleaning out broken cartilage so it won't crackle and pop so much.. and draining a bit of fluid. Dr. R, my normal ortho, said it's a 20 min procedure that will keep me out maybe 3-5 days of work, which sucks, but I can deal!

I am trying ot find an easy bread and butter recipe fo rthe fours to make when I take them back off in a couple weeks. I've got an easy butter one, but now I need an easy simple bread one for them! Any suggestions?

It's almost 9pm and my mum and I are going to watch Girl, Positive. It's basically about a girl who hooks up with someone, who has hooked up with someone else and ends up HIV positive. It's supposed to be really good, so I'm hoping it lives up to the hype.

HIV is my disease of study ever since I was about 12... oddly what turned me on to it was the MTV show Real World. Pedro Zamora was HIV positive and he was very open about it. He truely was an amazing guy and made me think about it. When I was studying genetics as my first major, my goal was to work on a cure for HIV... To understand the disease and everything else. Regardless, it's a very interesting disease and I can't wait to see how it's portrayed in the movie.

Anyway, there's nothing else going on here. I'm still agency hunting.. I've found that my original agency is really expensive compared to others, but I'm now wondering if it's a get what you pay for business... who knows.

Well it's time for the movie! I'll give a review afterwards!

No comments: