My new task this summer is to teach 3 of my four year girls to read. Unfortunately I only have one boy in my class, and I doubt he will be reading ready by next week when we finish our standard cirriculum.
I am going to pull one of the 3 yr old boys to read... he is technically four but hasn't been promoted up because there is no room. I may pull a second 3 boy who is reading ready, I believe, but not able to write his letters.
I have all sorts of little free cirriculums online, but I'm going with the tried and true method of Dick and Jane. I think that will be the easiest, to just set down with them and read with them. I am so excited about this.
If anyone has any helpful hints, yay for helping me out!
My kiddos::
Abs is 4, almost 5 (July) and is very ready to read. I asked her why mop is spelt MOP and she actually knew... I was excited!! She is a firey blonde who just thinks everyone is hers... "DUH!" is her key phrase. She is a cutie who just is ready to learn. I am excited to teach her and I know her nannie will make sure she reads every night to her.
Han is extremely cute! She is another firey blonde who knows everything about phonics. Her mum works with her like a true schoolers mum would. I am excited to teach her because her mum is very interesting to be around. This is also the little girl who said I hit her in the head with a "baby buggy" (whatever that be)... so for that little thing I don't care much for her sometimes, but over all I am excited to teach her more and more.
Cor is my kiddo. Her and Abs are the first graduating class of my 2s from when I first started! It is bittersweet that they are graduating this year and that I have them for graduation.... I am sad to see them go but excited to show them how much they can learn. Cor turned 5 in Feb and she is just so ready to read. She can sound out simple phonic sounds, such as MOP and CAT. I hope she is receptive to learn what more I can teach her.
I am going to try to pull my two boys from the threes to learn, Na and Za. I know I want Na personally because I believe he has Aspergers Syndrome, which is a form of Autism. He is incrediablly smart, knows more about animals then you could ever DREAM of knowing. Za, just because I want to see if he pulls dyslexia like I feel he will (he is a leftie and has a lot of problems writing his name, let alone with flipping letters and such). I do know however, that I will personally tutor him if he is dyslexic, I am dyslexic and I know how to do the tricks, I know the frustration and the likes. I hope I can help him out if he turns out to be.
I may even pull one of my two's girls to come up and read... she has amazing memorization skills and already can read the names of all the people in our class... she is amazing, but I'm not going ot push her.. the 4 year olds I'm going to push a bit because they need to learn this skill.
Regardless, any tips of the trade for working with little kids on reading, I'll accept.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment