20 September 2008

Schooling

So today was a very interesting Summit training session. I enjoyed most of what I dealt with and truly came to learn a lot about the Montessori method.

As of right now, I have no method in my 2 year old classroom. We are traditional, Creative learning.. which is a way to say "we have a routine, but that's about it". I am trying to structure this now that I know my kids (even though I am getting 3 new ones and having 2 transition up to the 3's on Monday) so I decided to step back and regroup.

I have always used the A Beka approach to teaching before. That was the "method" used at my last daycare centre. Now I am the sole teacher and I must adapt my own method. So I started my research back in August of the different methods... and completely wrote off the Montessori cause I have never heard good things about it. I have been attempting child lead, but alas, it's not working all that great for me as my children lead me directly to messes. :)

That said, I am researching Montessori and hope to be able to make a post about it later when I have a bit more information. But what I do have now is amazing.

What is your favourite type of child learning for preschool/early childhood education?

1 comment:

Deb said...

I had no idea that there was actually teaching in 2 yr old classes. Have fun researching.